Recruitment and Guidelines for Reviewers
Mediterranean Center of Social and Educational Research publishes three academic journals in the human and social fields. The editorial board welcomes you to join us to be Reviewer for our journals.
Payment: Voluntary job
Working language: English
Medium of the work: Internet
Participation in the peer-review process is absolutely essential to the success and reputation of the journal. Reviewers along with the editors determine which work is of quality and significance.
Reviewer's name and affiliation will be listed in the printed journal and on the journal's webpage as a member of editorial board.
- possess a doctoral degree in the specific subject related to the journal
- hold a job at a university or academic organization, in a teaching or research position
- be fluent in academic and professional English
- have a strong interest in scholarly journal
- work quickly and accurately to tight deadlines
How to apply
- Complete application form download here
Guidelines for Reviewers
1- General Policies and Procedures
Read the editor's transmittal e-mail, which includes the article abstract, to determine whether the subject is within your area of expertise and whether you can complete the review in the stated time period.
If you decline the invitation to review:
Please indicate why you are declining.
If possible, please suggest a colleague who may be able to review the manuscript. If appropriate, the editor will send an invitation to review to that individual.
If you accept the invitation to review, you will have access to the complete manuscript and should immediately:
- Check the manuscript title page to determine whether there is any conflict of interest for you (with the authors, their institution, or their funding sources) and whether you can judge the article impartially.
- Quickly skim the relevant portions of the manuscript and verify that it fits within the scope of the journal.
If you have either a time problem or a conflict of interest, contact the editor for instructions. He/she may extend your deadline or cancel the review assignment as appropriate. If you reveal that the manuscript does not fit within the scope of the journal, indicate that to the Editor section of the review form.
Any manuscripts received for review must be treated as confidential documents. They must not be shown to or discussed with others except as authorized by the editor.
Standards of Objectivity
Reviews should be conducted objectively. Personal criticism of the author is inappropriate. Referees should express their views clearly with supporting arguments.
Acknowledgement of Sources
Reviewers should identify relevant published work that has not been cited by the authors. Any statement that an observation, derivation, or argument had been previously reported should be accompanied by the relevant citation. A reviewer should also call to the editor's attention any substantial similarity or overlap between the manuscript under consideration and any other published paper of which they have personal knowledge.
After completing your review:
Please send to the Editor the review form with your comments. If the paper is rejected please specify the reasons clearly.